Search Engine Optimization - SEO Best Practices
SEO (search engine optimization) is the process of improving the visibility of a website or a web page in search engines via the “natural” or un-paid (“organic”) search results. In general, the earlier (or higher ranked on the search results page), and more frequently a site appears in the search results list, the more visitors it will receive from the search engine’s users.
A successful SEO campaign can help your company attract more visitors and increase revenue, and should be an essential part of your marketing strategy. Without it, you won’t be able to compete with other businesses that are trying to reach the same audience as you.
Research has proven that 90% of people only click on the first page of search results and almost 50% only look at the top 3-4 results. Our experienced professionals will guide you in creating a carefully planned out, customized SEO strategy and guide you through the search marketing process via consulting, audit and campaigns.
SEO best practices are always changing, but there are a few timeless rules to follow.
• On-Page Optimization: The process of optimizing individual web pages for maximum search engine visibility.
• Keyword Optimization: Use specific keywords in your content so that it is more likely to rank high for those terms. Keyword research tools can help you find out what terms people are using to find products like yours online.
• Page Loading Time: The faster your site loads, the better it will perform in Google’s ranking algorithm.
• Mobile Optimizations: mobile search is growing at an exponential rate. In fact, Google has stated that mobile searches have surpassed desktop searches in 10 countries! This means that if your site isn’t optimized for mobile, you could be losing out on a lot of potential traffic.
• URL Structure: Use relevant keywords in URLs by separating them with dashes or hyphens instead of underscores or spaces.
• Meta description tags are the brief description of your page that is displayed in search engine results. They can be used to describe the contents of a page, and they can also help with your click-through rate.
Search engines are the gatekeepers to the Internet and as such, they have a huge impact on your website’s ranking. At Sublyme Digital, we offer an array of services from content marketing and search engine optimization (SEO) all the way through social media management, analytics reporting and website development.
Contact us today start your journey towards digital dominance , or try our SEO/SMM Questionnaire.