The Art And Science Of Connecting & Engaging
Email marketing is one of the most powerful digital marketing tools available, allowing businesses to connect with their customers in ways other forms of digital communication can’t match. By developing an effective email strategy, companies and brands can build customer relationships and increase brand loyalty while increasing sales.
The great thing about email marketing is that it can be an incredibly effective way to connect with your audience, so long as you use the right tone, appeals, and calls to action. But how do you craft emails that sell and keep people coming back for more?
Here are a few helpful tips.
- Find, hone, and continue using your unique voice because inconsistency won’t endear anyone toward continuing to open your emails or buying from you.
- Keep your subject line short and memorable—no more than 50 characters or ten words is ideal!
- Include a strong call-to-action (CTA) at the end of your message so readers know how they can respond (i.e., click on a link or provide their email address). The CTA needs to be precise. Tell your readers what action you want them to take.
- Make sure that each content block has its own paragraph break before starting a new one; this makes scanning information easier by separating different sections visually and making them more accessible for readers’ eyes to track across the page.
- Make it easy for people to unsubscribe. If they don’t want your content anymore, don’t make them jump through hoops to get rid of it—just let them go!
- Be selective about when you click send. The best days to send emails are Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday. However, data indicates that Tuesday reigns supreme for sending out marketing emails.
- Guidelines (like above) are just that, guides. So test, test, then test some more. Experiment with the tone, content, subject lines, headlines, copy, images, and calls to action.
- Testing only works if you measure the results of your tests, so be sure to measure! Measure open rates, clicks, shares, and unsubscribed. Through testing, you’ll see which versions of your emails work the best for your unique audience.
Email marketing should never be overlooked when considering your business or brand’s digital marketing mix. Did you know that the number of emails sent worldwide every day will surpass 293 billion in 2022, up from over 246 billion in 2018, according to Statista? This staggering statistic underscores the opportunity effective email marketing campaigns provide.
Please get in touch with us anytime if you feel the time is ideal to start conceptualizing a unique, attention-grabbing campaign for your business or brand. We look forward to super charging your email marketing.